Please read below to see what our past clients had to say about our services to them during the sale and/or purchase of their homes.
Thanks, Roger & Genie Lawless
I still can't believe my fantastic luck in finding you and all the help you gave me selling my home. I appreciate your honesty and helping me understand the process!
To Whom It May Concern;
When we decided to sell our home, we contacted a real estate company we had worked with in the past. We felt concerned that the realtor associate was lacking enthusiasm and did not seem to be up for the task. We knew very little about the current market.
We decided to get a second opinion to we called David Lyng Real Estate. We were met with a warm welcome by Roger and Genie Lawless and all the staff. We knew that this project was going to take communication, enthusiasm, kindness, and patience with us.
Roger and Genie met that bench mark and more. We thank Roger and Genie for the endless hard work they put into this project, as well as the support and team work by all the ofice staff involved to complete this sale.
Roger and Genie are 'people persons' and very enjoyable to work with. Once again, thank you Roger and Genie and the team at the David Lyng office!
|-Mr. & Mrs. Bargas
Dear Genie & Roger,
There are not enough words to thank you for all that you have done for us. We are so happy in our new home and we owe it to you. You were both so helpful, kind, honest, and knowledgeable. You always had our best interests at heart and did whatever it took to help us close in time. Thank you again for all that you have given us.
|-Angie & Brian
|Ahhh...now I FINALLY have a little time to sit down. I've been wanting
to email you about how thankful I am that I got to work with you. I
could not have asked for better realtors! As a first time home buyer,
you did such a great job of giving me all the knowledge I needed to make
a good decision. You never pushed me into anything. In fact, after a
year of looking, you made sure that I had the best deal and the right
house. I can't believe how patient and thoughtful you have been
throughout the whole process.
I feel like I won a prize when we
found you to help us! I have since heard of friends' experiences
trying to buy a home and I now know what a treasure you are. I am
recommending you to any one I run into. If I ever go through the home buying process
again, I have no doubt I will find you to help me. Thank you so much
for all of you kindness and patience. Besides your beautiful gift of
the embosser, the MCC credit, and the home warranty, I thank you for
helping us to buy our wonderful new home. You are amazing people.
|Dear Roger and Genie,
We would like to thank you for all of your help assisting us in finding the perfect house at the perfect price. Being new to Santa Cruz,
we depended on you to guide us to neighborhoods that were safe and had
all of the factors that we required. Your teamwork made it so nice for
us to have two Realtors working toward our goal. Even though we made you
show us at least 60 or so houses, you never lost your enthusiasm or
perseverance. You both have great people skills and knowledge of
everything from city and county laws to how to fix a cabinet door. Once
we found the house we wanted, you made the paper work and legal issues
as easy as it can get.
We are so happy to be living in our dream house. We appreciate all that you have done and consider you our friends for life.
Janet & Doug
|-Janet & Doug
Roger & Genie -
both were very helpful through this entire process of selling our uncle's home from afar. Your suggestions
about the house and your recommendations regarding various
subcontractors saved the day. Having to be across the country and trying
to deal with a home that had not been updated in decades your advice
provided was great. Of course selling the house in a week could not
have been better for our uncle.
wanted to especially thank you for your personal assistance to my uncle.
You were definitely more than a real estate agent but a great neighbor
|-Jack & Debbie
To David Lyng
Dear Mr. Lyng:
We recently concluded the purchase of a property with the assistance of two of your agents and I wanted to express our appreciation for the professionalism with which they conducted this sale.
Roger and Genie Lawless were selected by our son to assist in locating properties in the Boulder Creek area. While our son lives in the area both my wife and I reside in Florida. Roger and Genie kept in constant contact with us, provided us with pertinent information and facilitated the smooth conclusion of this transaction.
Their knowledge of the area coupled with the ability to discern the real estate needs of our son were instrumental in providing us with an appropriate assortment of properties to view. Their willingness to answer all of our questions coupled with their ability to provide answers to requests, not readily available, greatly aided in bringing this sale to fruition.
The professional manner by which these two real estate agents conducted themselves must be regarded as an excellent indicator of their personalities and the training they have received.
Stuart and Carolyn Mulnick
Genie and Roger:
The two of you have been absolutely amazing during the process of buying our home. Your level of expertise has been invaluable as we worked through a number of unusual situations. You have gone far beyond my expectations with your ability to stay in touch with us as well as with the seller, loan officers, and even contractors. Throughout everything you have displayed a great attitude, and you have helped my family and I to enjoy each part this adventure. We look forward to working with you again in the future!
Colin, Jenni, Sarah, and Rebecca Chalmers
|"Roger helped my wife's parents purchase and sell a home in Santa Cruz nearly 20 years ago, so working with him again was the obvious decision when my wife and I decided to relocate to the area.
Now working as a team, Roger and his daughter Genie spent a considerable amount of time understanding our core requirements which included: a home that could comfortably fit four, a commute-friendly location, and most importantly, within a school district maintaining strong educational qualities and ratings.
Roger and Genie found a home that was right on target with our goals and then some! We are within 5 minutes of downtown Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, and Felton, offering us infinite options for shopping, entertainment, and adventure. Having Henry Cowell state park within walking distance is a treat that we enjoy regularly.
Thank you so much for helping us realize our dream of owning a home within such a wonderful community."
- The purchase was executed concisely & timely; we couldn't have asked for anything better. We'll highly recommend you to all our friends. The Duffy Family
- Roger is very friendly, courteous, efficient and all things went smoothly at all times. We recommend him most highly to anyone who needs this service. We were most pleased with his work. Mr & Mrs A. DellaMaggiore
- We just wanted to say thanks for making the Selling & Buying of our home's so easy & pleasant for us. We were so happy with the professional way you handled everything for us and for your positive thinking on our behalf. We couldn't be more pleased than we are now & would recommend you to everyone we know who is buying or selling their home. Mike & Annette Larsen
- Jeannie and I want to extend our thanks to you for the excellent and prompt manner with wich my father's home was sold & the funds delivered to his trust fund. We have sold real estate before, but not in a bereaved situation in which decisions are often made in haste. Your concern & guidance made the proces so simple, and of course, it was gratifying to have had my dad know you for the several years & to have known that it was he who wished you to be his representitive. John N. Baldwin, M.D.
- We appreciate the excellent service you gave us in representing us in the sale of the propertie's & seeing us through all the details required. Thanks for all your kindness, patience & understanding in dealing with some difficult circumstances. Fern Buell
- Thank you for keeping in touch. It was a priveledge to meet & work with you. Ione Weesman
- Thanks so much all your kindness and help in making all go so smoothly. Also your family & their indulgences & passing on messages. You were very easy to talk to & made communications clear & effortless. Pat yourself on the back. Bill, Tuyet, Joe & Lonnie Forst
- And there is one additional ingredient in the Roger Lawless character that makes for the true professional agent - technical knowledge of his product. Betsy & I again want to thank you for the wonderful job you did for us & we know that you would do exactly the same thing for any & all your clients. Ask them to call me, I'll run up their long distance charges with a long list of why they should choose Roger Lawless. With Thanks & Friendship, Robert & betsy Bowen
- I just wanted to tell you how pleased I have been with you as a cooperative Realtor during the oftentimes difficult escrow on the purchase of my personal residence. I am a Broker and member of the MLS, but we had not met previous to this transaction. If I were not a member of the MLS I would list any Santa Cruz County property with you For Sale. Professionalism and ability are rare enough in our business; that I wanted to send you this sincere unsolicited letter of referral and reference. Blaine Swafford, Broker SR.I.R.E.A.
- I have found that the service you provide to be far & above that of any other agent we have encountered in our property dealings in the last ten years. I sometimes felt bad that we took so much of your time on evenings and weekends. For a job very well done our sincere thanks. Jim & Judy Abma
|-Some of Roger Lawless' Client's comments.
I don't believe that this crazy mess we know as buying and selling a house would have fallen together magically. It took a great deal of hard work and effort to put together both transactions. I would like to commend Roger Lawless on not only his hard work and effort, but his time, his constant assertiveness, his knowledge of real estate and his thoroughness to get the job completed correctly.
No one likes to go through the ordeals of buying and selling a house, but for the first time I felt the whole process went remarkably smooth.
|-Mr. Dan Simpson
|I would like commend Mr. Roger Lawless on the recent sale of my mothers home. This was very difficult period in our family in that my mother just passed away.
Mr. Lawless was thorough, sensitive, and caring in his handling of the situation. He arranged his schedule so that meetings allowed us to proceed with our responsibilities in regard to the estate. He was patient and explained in detail the papers and proceedure to be followed; he discussed comparative properties in the area so that a reasonable amount was established for the sale of the property.
I find Mr. Lawless to be outstanding in his knowledge and approach and as a person.
|-Marilyn M. Kotch